Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello everyone! 

No, I didn't fall off the planet, I've just been busy getting Christmas put away, kids back to school and caught up on household chores that were neglected over Christmas break.  (like MOUNDS of laundry), and being sick with this cold/flu stuff that just won't seem to go away.  I tried my hand at making a few thank you cards to share here and was not satisfied with them.  Sometimes I think I OVER think my work and it turns out, well, not-so-good.   Still trying to decide whether or not to share the cards.  Wanted my first things to be nicer so I would get more followers.     We'll see......

I will be cleaning out my craft stuff and trying to organize it.  I realized that I need to have an organized space to help me craft better.  My stuff is here, there and everywhere----which causes me to go on hunting sprees in the middle of a project, which obviously, slows me down.  Live and learn, right? 

I found out too, that my camera is not the greatest for clear shots to share on the computer.  It kinda distorts the colors of things.  However, truth be told, it could be the photographers fault too.  Working on that as well.

Please bear with me as this is all new to me.  I still can't figure out how to get everything on this blog yet that I want.  (Like a follow me on Pinterest button)  If anyone knows how I can do this, PLEASE let me know!!

So, I decided to share a few things I have made with you afterall...............

 One of my thank you cards.
 Cute little button snowman to/from tags.  (I got the idea from something I saw on Pinterest)
 One of MANY Christmas bags I made for Christmas.
 Some more tags. (they all coordinated with the gift bags and had small coordinating cards too.)

A 12 x 12 scrapbook layout page I custom made for a friend.  A bit more plain and simple than my usual layouts.
 A plain old paper mache box I picked up from Hobby Lobby and made it look like embossed leather.  The photo does not do it justice.  It is SO pretty in person.
 Side view of box.  I just stamped on it and heat embossed it, then rubbed some distress ink over it. 
 Some beaded snowflake ornaments I made from leftover pearls and beads from my daughter's summer wedding.  I also made silver, torquoise and pink ones.  I used a coordinating gossamer ribbon on each one to hang from the tree.  They really were beautiful.
Every snowflake, just like in nature, was different.

Well, that is just a sneak peek of some of my stuff.  Hope you enjoyed.   I will be back soon with more. 

 On a different note, I found out about a really neat book. It has been out about a year now---I'm just slow---that I want to get and read. It's called One thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It sounds SO inspiring and exactly what I need right now. I need to learn how to be content with what I have and this book deals with that issue. Check it out and let me know what you think.  It has some pretty intense challenges associated with it.  I think I'll try them.

That's all for now....................

GO CRAFT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so very honored that you would take the time to visit my little blog. I am just learning how to blog, so please be patient with me as I don't know how everything works. I do moderate all the comments before they are posted, so your comment will not be posted immediately, but will eventually be posted with my approval. I will read EVERY post! What you have to say is important to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by! Now, GO CRAFT!! :D